Friday, June 8, 2018

Christ has Died, Christ is Risen

I remember the day that I learned I was supposed to say "Christ has died, Christ is Risen" as I light the candles during the Altar presentation. I thought I completely missed this important point in training and have been doing it for several years now. Humility, humility.

Well, as part of the growing "closet of humility" in my understanding of CGS, I will again add this practice. While you may at some point say those words while lighting candles, it is not a practice that you should feel compelled to do. It isn't really connected to the direct aim of the presentation and Rebekah R. was surprised when she was asked about the practice as she had never done it or heard of it (she studied with Sofia!) She said that this isn't a liturgical presentation, it is a nomenclature presentation, so it doesn't seem appropriate to say it every time. It isn't inappropriate, it just doesn't seem necessary.

So there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment